20x2 Wiznet Hserin

jmumby

Hi, I have a wiznet lan to serial module http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9476. I can send serial data to and from the module using serin/serout. I want to send serial data out but have hserin in the background to the sratchpad. When I physically connect to hserin from the wiznet the picaxe refuses to program with the error below.

I can program the picaxe with this disconnected but when I reconnect the serial data from the picaxe using serout is garbage. I have tried pull ups/downs doesn't seem to make much difference. Any tips?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
It sounds like some issue is affecting program download which causes Programming Editor to have problems. As it works with the WizNet disconnected I'd guess that the PICAXE is throwing data at the Programming Editor too fast and it's become overloaded while trying to initiate a download.

Not sure about the second part of the question but it could simply be wrong baud rate.

In these situations it's often a good idea to use Programming Editor for download and a separate terminal emulator to send / receive data via other PICAXE pins.

Post a block diagram, circuit diagram and program code as it's difficult to see exactly what you have at present.