20M2, Is it still beta? Plus two other problems

SD70M

Hi All,

Is there a non-beta version of the picaxe ic's?

I'm testing a circuit as I build and I have 6 adc inputs and 6 transistor driver outputs.

As I added the first 3 they worked great, as expected. I added the 4th and I now get the log saying:

[SPICE] Gmin step [0 of 120] failed: GMIN=0.001

Above this I see the line :

***Beta 4.0.3*** PICAXE-20M2 VSM Model (C) Revolution Education LTD 2007-2012 www.picaxe.com/vsm
Bets PICAXE model - please check www.picaxe.com/vsm for any M2 model patch u[dates

I just put the latest updates in. Not sure if the second two lines of text were in the error log before I added the 4th but I didn't get any warnings before adding the 4th.

Angie

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The M2 models are still classed as Beta at present, they are the latest versions we have. At some time in the future, if no issues are identified, we will simply drop the Beta wording and re-release the same models without the designation.

I suspect the "Gsim step" issue is related to something other than the PICAXE model.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, Gmin step is a failure of the analogue side of the simulation, nothing to do with the PICAXE model, and may be worked around by changing the SPICE settings. Maybe post the design here?

SD70M

The M2 models are still classed as Beta at present, they are the latest versions we have. At some time in the future, if no issues are identified, we will simply drop the Beta wording and re-release the same models without the designation.

I suspect the "Gsim step" issue is related to something other than the PICAXE model.
Thanks hippy. I thought it may be.

Yes, Gmin step is a failure of the analogue side of the simulation, nothing to do with the PICAXE model, and may be worked around by changing the SPICE settings. Maybe post the design here?
I have to say that the explanation for GMIN in the troubleshooting is a little vague unless you actually have a degree in this sort of thing.

Please see attached circuit and code files. I'd be greatful to understand this a little more.

Regards
Angie

View attachment Detector Only (PicAxe) V1.bas
View attachment Detector Only (PicAxe) V1.DSN