08m2+ not progaming above 3.01v

dennis shubert

I put together a 08m2+ download circuit (as I have before with success , however I can only get a good download using a regulated power supply from 2.5v to 3.01v. Anything above or below this voltage causes a reset, and or a download error.Do they make an 08m2+ that uses only 3.5v maximum. Or my cirtcuit has flawes in it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks DCS from Colorado USA.

Goeytex

Probably a circuit error. However you have not given us very much to go on.

1) Are you using an AXE027 for programming or something else? If something else, what ?
2) Are the 22K and 10K resistors fitted properly ? See images below
3) Is the 100nf capacitor fitted?
4) Is anything other than the AXE027 attached to either the serin or serout pin?
5) What type of regulated supply ?
6) Are all the grounds tied together ? Power supply ground, picaxe ground and AXE027 ground must all be tied together
7) If on a breadboard, take a clear close-up photo and post it here so we can see.

AllyCat

Hi,

Yes , all of the above are good points to check. But 2.5v is indeed the minimum programming supply voltage (Brown-Out Detector Reset Level of the 08M2) and a maximum of 3.0x volts strongly suggests a Programming Interface voltage level error. Either the > 3v Output voltage Logic level (from c.0) is too high, or it's the Input threshold of > approximately1.2 volts (on c.5), particularly caused by point 2) above.

Cheers, Alan.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
It is odd. In relativistic terms, reducing the PICAXE supply voltage increases the voltage supplied into Serial In which could point to an issue with the in-line 22K resistor of the download interface, perhaps an issue with the AXE027 cable, or an issue with the wiring of the download interface.